If you read our post on chakras which you can find here, we did touch on the topic of the third eye which is also known as the crown chakra. The crown chakra is associated with the pineal gland, which is also another name to symbolize the third eye. This area represents our all knowing, inner wisdom that lies within our soul. With the development of the third eye, we are able to become more intuitive and identify the connections in our lives. So what is the biological imprint of the third eye? The third eye is a gland that is shaped like a pea and is located in the vertebrae brain in close proximity to the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. It has been referenced in many ancient texts and was considered “the organ of supreme universal connection”, according to Gaia. The third eye produces melatonin which dictates our circadian rhythm and reproductive hormones, making it an impact on our sleeping patterns and sexual development. By opening your third eye, you will be exposed to the world of psychic energy and ascend higher in your spiritual journey. You will have the potential to release negative emotions as a result of a blocked third eye which includes cynicism, uncertainty, and jealousy. For this week’s post, we will be going to go over ten ways that you can activate your third eye.
- Because we are introduced to products such as food additives and artificial sweeteners that calcify our bodies, the excess of calcium phosphate crystals result in a blocked pineal gland. According to the National Research Council of the National Academies of Science, they stated that “fluoride is likely to cause decreased melatonin production and to have other effects on normal pineal function, which in turn could contribute to a variety of effects in humans.” With that being said, there are many practices you can implement to start the process of decalcifying your pineal gland. We will list 5 ways that I’ve found to be the most effective way in my process of decalcifying my pineal gland.
- Avoid products with fluoride.
- You may have been told that fluoride is good for your teeth and as well as many other benefits, but studies have shown that it might not be the case. According to the Statistics Canada, who did a study with The Globe and The Mail found that there was no “clinically significant difference” between those who used fluorinated toothpaste and those who did not.
Limit the intake of meat.
- We have been a vegan for over a year and a half which means I don’t eat any animal products. Meat has a high acidic rate which can foster imbalance in our pH levels.
- Dental work equipment contains levels of mercury. If you visit a dentist regularly, ask if they use equipment that is mercury-free or seek a holistic dentist as a safe option if it’s available to you in your area.
Utilize natural lighting.
- The pineal gland is sensitive to light so try to use natural lighting as much as possible.
- Supplements with chlorophyll as well as products such as apple cider vinegar provide many benefits in detoxing your body.
- There are so many guided meditations that are aimed specifically at opening your third eye. It is a great way to focus on your breathing and bring you into a calm state.
- Writing and saying affirmations can create shifts within the mind. Dedicate yourself to a practice where you write at least one affirmation and say it loud before you go to bed or get ready in the morning.
- Crystals are a great way to connect with your energy and we own a set of them and try to carry them wherever I go. My favorites are the amethyst and the clear quartz.
- Use your imagination as a catalyst in activating your third eye. This is also the same side your pineal gland operates in.
- Your dreams whether you believe it or not carry a lot of symbolism to what lives you may have lived in the past and also give messages from your spirit guides or angels. Take note of the dreams you have, no matter how bizarre or crazy they may seem.
Use tarot or astrology.
- Studying these methods can make you more intuitive and you may even develop your psychic abilities as you start to receive messages from the cards.
Take note of “coincidences”.
- Look for synchronicities that pop out to you. This is can also be messages from your guides to help you in the process of activating your third eye.
Set the intention.
- Make the intention that you will activate your third eye no matter how long it takes. Visualize your third eye being open and receiving an abundance of inner knowledge.
- Using essential oils such as lavender and oregano can create a sacred space in opening your third eye. Use them with a diffuser around your home or put them in your bath.
Dangers of Opening Your Third Eye
While many reports having enlightening experiences with opening their third eye, there are others who had not so great experiences. If you have deep unconscious wounds or feel that you are not ready for change, then proceed with the process of opening your third eye with caution. Don’t rush or force the experience, let it unfold in its own timing. And seek out resources or a friend to help make sense of your experiences.